Friday, August 19, 2011

Bring me The Horizon - There Is a Hell, Believe Me, I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret. [B - Unsure]

Ok, well this album is one of the more popular metal-core albums of the last year
It is... a genre that I'm always iffy on, there have rarely been bands that just grab me
with the style of growls and screams as opposed to more melodic/lighter music of course...



It is not something I frequent but I do bring myself to listen to these bands anyways because,
well it is something out there that is happening wether you like it or not...
There is obviously a lot of work and time spent on their music, it is something I doubt I'll find myself listening to again though unless I'm with friends who dig this kind of stuff.
The song "Dont Go" has some interesting arrangements and it is definitely different from the rest of the album.  The first song is one of the better ones but so much of the good vocals are just drowned out in some huge ass reverb.  It really irks me that so much of the record is just a huge production adventure and I wish it was a bit more raw but what can you do?  I've never heard any of their previous records so I really had no idea what to expect.  

I had heard the song "It Never Ends" at some point last year and I turned it off immediately because I was feeling incredibly negative and depressed at the time.  And actually, as of writing this review I'm feeling kind of the same.  Not a good thing, I've kind of stretched myself thin today.  Now, overall this album has some really cool hard rocking moments but since I'm not a huge advocate of metal core I give this record a 3/5!  So if this was a band taking a test lyrically and creatively I'd give them a C minus.  As far as technical skill goes - A minus, it is without a doubt they are as tight as they are on the album, unless their performance on yahoo was all overdubbed post-prod...  but oh well... whatever, keep on keepin on producers with your tricks and works.

No comments:

Post a Comment