Sunday, January 22, 2012

bad meets Ǝvil - Hell: The Sequel [E - Mainstream]

First of all, I'd like to apologize for being a big, fat liar. As it turns out, this is not in fact an Eminem album. It's an Eminem AND Royce Da'59 album. So, yeah, I lied. Secondly, I'd like to say that it's probably one of the best rap albums I've ever heard.


Have I met my quota for saying the word "album" yet? Yes? Sweet, now we can get the ball rolling.

Also, I'd like to take a moment to apologize for this written review probably being vastly different from the recording. I suck balls at dictating what I've written, yo.

Anyway, this is actually my introduction to Bad Meets Evil as well as my introduction to Royce Da'59. I came into it expecting Marshal to kick ass, but was pleasantly surprised by how awesome Da'59 turned out to be. I found one of his parts in "The Reunion" to be particularly epic: "I'm feeling your whole swagger and flow, can we hook up? I'm like, hmmm, you said the word swagger, so no." Bitch got shut down!

Just about all the tracks sounded great, each in different ways.

comparing previous Eminem efforts:

mmm, baby.

If I had to pick a favorite track, I'd say it's "Lighters". Maybe it's because I'm just a sucker for songs about the artists boasting about the skyrocketing careers.

Kidding, kidding, but seriously, it is my favorite track.  I give this record a 10/5 !  HAHA!

HEY, ROBBY, WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TRACK?!

Robby: LOUD NOISES!

LATERS,
JOEY

here's a music video for "Fast Lane"

and here's a fun video to go with it!  ENJOY.

See you soon!,  Robby.

1 comment: