Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIRECT HIT - DOMESPLITTER [D - Underground]

FUCK YOU...  GET PUMPED!


THE ALBUM I AM CURRENTLY LISTENING TO IS "DOMESPLITTER"  BY THE BAND DIRECT HIT!!!!  I FEEL LIKE THIS ENTIRE REVIEW SHOULD BE TYPED IN ALL CAPS...  BECAUSE THIS ALBUM JUST HAS THAT KIND OF FEEL, BRO.

But for real, this band is taking pop-punk to an energy level that sometimes you can find, but the've managed to hone it in and keep banging it out tune after tune.

On this LP, I don't really notice any stand out songs, but I do feel like they've got something to offer for most punk/pop=punk fans all of the way through.  The production is fairly solid, the beats are pretty hard and it's definitely not for the faint of heart.  I'd recommend playing it at parties, drinking to, car ridess with friends and I can imagine it would be fairly DANGEROUS for working out...  you might get TOO PUMPED and explode from pure awesome.

I really hope this band sticks around for a while.  The Andrew WK-esque party, steamrolling rock n'roll is something I'm quite fond of.  I could magine this band being a blast to see live... The drums kick my ass (The fills can get pretty damn intense)  The guitars ring out gloriously while the bass clunks out with undying precision.  The intense, powerful vocal delivery is also excellent.  I hope to see them many times in the near future.

I would go ahead and give this album a 4.5/5 and you should go check it out!  "Snickers", "Living Dead" and "They Came for Me" are probably my favorite songs. 

p.s. unrleated to this band,
I'm sorry that I've been gone for so long!...  I've gotten a bit complacent, I got a new job and I've been in the process of recording songs with my band in the studio and teaching songs to our new drummer.  Check back within the week and I should have something new up!  Maybe even two things!...  

http://directhit.bandcamp.com/ - Click this for more music from DIRECT HIT!

Here's the video for "Monster in the Closet"

Peace, 

Robby

p.s.s happy 2012...  Let's make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment