Thursday, August 4, 2011

Adebisi Shank - "This is the Second Album of a band called Adebisi Shank" [A-Underground]

My ears are happy and confused!


With a relentless onslaught of high octane bass guitar, pounding drums, random electronic noise bouncing left to right, some talk/wah/vocoder sounds and a guitar that sounds like it was passed down from the gods themselves,.  Adebisi Shank has put out a record that kept me guessing the entire listen.

Not being familiar with this band at all, I was immediately thrown back in my chair when the first song "International Dreamboat" started.  Everything is pushed to the front, IN YOUR FACE experimental rock and roll and it doesn't lose a beat the entire record.  It does mellow out a bit later on actually...  as I was looking at at the track listing I saw "(-_-)" as one of the song titles and I uttered quite a chuckle.  By the time that you get to the song your face has been totally melted, you get a nice little slower jam with a lot of what sounds like electronic drum patches and some random sounds that just sound goofy.

As the album continues on, it gets weirder and weirder... but not a bad weird...  There are some really awesome mallet? sounds and the guitar has some wicked riffs and delays and all kinds of other stuff going on.  Damn son, this guy must have a buttload of pedals and from a picture of his pedalboard, this is confirmed!  This is definitely a band I would love to see perform live and see them pump out these insane sounds.

With all of the mix of experimental rock, funk, and electronica, mind blowing tempo changes and start/stops...  This album rocks very hard...  even though it isn't really my cup of tea...  But I'll keep this band in my collection for road trips.  You should really go check this out right away... and you can listen for free at this site:

http://adebisishank.bandcamp.com/

I give this record a 4.5/5
Nothing bad about this band or this album, now go check it out!

Here's a dumb video version:


Here is a good video of them live!:


Tomorrow's review will be:
My World 2.0 - by Justin Bieber
I'm just kidding! (or am I?! you guys gotta give me suggestions!)

If you have any suggestions for an underground band or artist that has a record released in the last year (Starting with the letter B!  please leave a comment here or send me an e-mail with a bandcamp link or any way I can check the album out!  If not I will pick the record myself.  Thank you very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment